Friday, August 17, 2007

Thank you...

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you who participate in this blog, both the writers and the readers. Thus far the blog has produced a variety of amazing topics from light hearted humor, to deep emotional issues, to personal triumphs and hardships, and everything in between. I have had the opportunity to see new people join and develop a sense of fellowship quickly and easily as everyone is welcome in our group. I have had the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. I have grown to be a part of an amazing fellowship of diverse and wonderful people, and I couldn’t be more proud.

I know that each of the writers has his/her own individual blog, and it’s not always easy to find time, nor additional material to write about here. Yet, in a way, the blog and community has served its purpose in this area as to offer many topics based on solely on a single comment, or as offspring of another post. This is what makes every contribution an important one.

Every part of this blog contributes to the bigger picture; from each post to every comment, and the fellowship that has developed. Each is equal in importance as to its contribution to the blog as a whole. It proves to me that the whole has developed into something much larger than the sum of its parts.

So again I thank the writers for their contributions, the readers for their wonderful comments and input, and everyone as a group for making this blog it’s own unique, living, breathing, entity. It has grown of its own volition, and developed through individuality, different perspectives, and a common goal of sharing experience, strength, and hope.

One last note:

I have noticed that we seem to have more writers than I have links to each individual’s blog. If you are missing from our blog roll, please send me an email with a link so that it can be added to the site. Also if anyone has suggestions, comments, additional content, or anything at all that you think would make our blog better, please feel free to email me and let me know. This came together through a combined effort, and I would like to see it continue to grow through that very same combined effort, only now on a larger scale.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having the vision, Ej. This blog means more to me than my own really.
We made it rock!
Love you,
Scout

msb said...

This is one of the most dynamic of experiences and really a remarkable place in my personal 12 step community. Thanks for letting me be a part of.

Recovery Discovery (R) said...

I love being a part of this community. It's also inspired me to try to create a live one as well, where NA and Naranon members gather after their separate meetings for coffee and support. That one is happening in baby steps. This is a truly special place, and I'm grateful to be a part of it. I love being able to better see everyone's sameness rather than our differentness. I've also gottten the added bonus of a ready-made community of support, when I added you all to my blog roll- hey I even know what it's called now- and started visiting and commenting regularly on yours. Thanks for sharing the journey with me and for sharing each of your experience, strength, and hope.

Addicted to no one said...

Im so glad that i found this blog and started writing, i dont no how i did it b4 with out it. you're all so nice and understanding and thats something i needed to see and to have in my life... i think the blog is perfect just how it is!

joy said...

Yep, EJ, you're a genius. I'm glad you set this up for us...even when you don't post much, I always know I can come post over here with my crap and you'll be on it. It's nice having a place not only where there's a whole community that's ready with ESH, but it's great knowing that you're the wizard behind the curtain.

Anonymous said...

I just did the work, I'll break anonymity and share that WS was the idea man and the brains behind the project.

Thanks WS for everything. It turned out pretty cool.

Stepbackjack said...

The people in these blogs have really touched me. It helps me to look here and there and find support, madness, sameness. Thanks for putting this out there Eyes. Thanks for all that contribute. Thanks JW for finding me (on Craig's List no less!). That still makes me smile.

Married to My Ex