Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Normie's

A HA! It's a widely used term. The normie. I saw in Scouts comment to links that she was waiting for JW to use her magic and make her a normie.



Here's another one of my 'sicknesses.' I fucking hate being a 'normie.' I have gone to my addicts meetings, for cakes and what not, and I always feel like most of the addicts are looking at me thinking, "Pft, normie... what do they know," or "Awe, look at that cute normie, isn't she sweet."


It's stupid insane, I know this, but... I want to scream that "I am not some naive, sweet, stupid girl you know! I grew up in shit too, I know about this shit. I could make you cry with my life too0- ya know! I just couldn't get addicted to drugs. BUT I TRIED!"


Ahh, normies. Tell me addicts that you don't think that, do you? I have normie issues. I'm going to make a t-shirt that says, "I'm fucked up too- so there," or " I know everything about you, BECAUSE I'm a normie."

5 comments:

joy said...

In the town where I went to college, Halloween night was a huge party night...they shut down the main street, and all the college kids dressed up like jackasses and went and drank until their faces fell off. Being much "cooler" than the average college jerkoff, I was usually high on some kind of psychosis-inducing cocktail. This year, it was a quarter of mushrooms and several lines of coke.

I got on the elevator, hands in my pockets and minding my own business, and a drunken, slurring woman looked at me and said, "What, you're not drinking? Staying home to study?"

It made me FURIOUS. NO, I thought, I'M NOT DRINKING. I'M GOING FUCKING NUTS OVER HERE, SEEING SEA CREATURES POPPING OUT OF YOUR CUNT YOU DRAGON-BREATHED BITCH.

So even back when I wasn't a Normie, I didn't like being mistaken for one.

Sometimes, though, when I'm really healthy, I can think that it's better to be us, cloaked in normie-dom...that way, nobody can see us coming...

Wayward Son said...

Normie. Ha! One assumes someone has taken a poll and determined the exact middle of what emotion should be. But the truth is no one had bothered with a poll. Perhaps that is why we all get so agitated by the word. Or perhaps it is because we know deep down inside we are all splendidly, fabulously unique. Try and fine the middle of that!

Anonymous said...

I get this one, Mantra. I can only joke about JW magic wand to make me a normie cause I'm already NOT one. If I WAS one, I'd be out there looking around for something to make me NOT one.
I think that's how I picked up in the first place -- trying NOT to be a normie. lol.
I like the T-Shirt ideas. Both of them are fabulous.
Peace,
Scout

Chris said...

Sure could have saved alot of money if I had been a normie. If I had it to go over, I would stay a normie, and never use.......Ahhh Hindsight 20/20.

The Discovering Alcoholic said...

To so many I am the mild mannered, straight-laced Southern gentleman that neither smokes, drinks, and rarely curses. But my trusted companions, they know I venture out into the night clad in my puke green TDA cape and leotards fighting recovery injustices wherever I may find them. Cloaked in the painful armor of my many years of debauchery and moral depravity I am impervious to the accusing stares of those who would pigeonhole me.

I strive to be normal, so that I may have the resources to utilize the power of my alter ego Abbie Norma to promote sobriety and recovery.