Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I feel the power growing in my hair

In keeping with my recent theme of anger, disappointment, and overall general pissy-ness, I went out and cut off all of my hair. I have not had my hair this short since I was in my early 20's and doing the whole feminist, separatist, deal and dreaming of living among other hippy lesbos on Doe Farm.
I also forgot that I am no longer in hip and ultra- PC Minneapolis, MN. No, I am in da dirty south; in the bible belt. These people don't do short hair on women well. I have used a public rest room twice since "the cut" and on both occasions I was stared at like I was somehow mistaken on which door I pushed.
Hell-o! Do you actually see these hellacious ta-ta's I am sporting? Do these look like he-hooters to you? Oh, perhaps you are jealous so you are trying to make fun of my hair instead of feeling badly about your own body. Women can be so fricking mean to each other; especially when it comes to looks. Yes, I'm cute AND I'm not straight AND I'm cute even with no hair AND get over it cause I don't want your stupid man anyway (except maybe for some good fantasies. ) I know it's hard to accept a lesbian that isn't fat and ugly being in "your" bathroom, but get over it.
Gettin a hair cut is such a great way to express anger, isn't it?
I don't think I'm going to get the job in U.S. Federal Court that I applied for though. Somehow I don't think I'll make the cut after I interview. ;-) Oh well, I don't really need it any way......
I wish I could just FEEL better. Give me SOMEthing to make me feel better!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Just wanna say hi. I'm new to sobriety- four days and counting.. All of your blogs really motivate me. I hope you have an awesome night. God bless

Wayward Son said...

Repeat after me. I feel Good. I feel good. I feel good. I feel good. I feel good.... (DO NOT say I don't want to feel bad)

Say it until you throw up. It worked for Pavlov's hungry mouse.

Wayward Son said...

Oh yeah, short hair rocks and no one can make you feel bad about that.

WS

Anonymous said...

Short hair is hot, and ya I'll be a man here, so are Lesbians. (Wonder how much flack that's gonna get me). Where is doe ranch? lol. Smile! Every time I go in a public restroom, I swear people still think I am going in to shoot up. That's why I never shit in public (that and health reasons, those places are nasty), I wouldn't want someone thinking I was fixing. Hmm...I wonder what I used to think when I was fixing.

erinsav said...

It's good to see that even though you are feeling angry you still have a great sense of humor about things.

Laughing can get you through just about anything.

joy said...

I have a haircut that I like to refer to as "Ultra Militant Army Dyke." And you know what? Nobody will ever mistake me for gay. I'm right there with you, Scout. I cut my hair off cause I was MAD at the world...MAD at my man...and just HOPING that SOMEONE would look at me FUNNY and give me a reason to GO OFF IN HER FACE...I swear, people can just smell the dick on my breath or something. Not one cross look.

Hehe. I said "dick on my breath."