Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Mighty Metamorphose


I cannot escape the feeling that change is imminent, though how imminent and exactly for whom I am not sure. Seeing as how it is my premonition then I can only speak for myself. I do know through my own explorations in search of a spiritual persona that I am not the only one searching nor am I the only one finding. I also have found that there is so much out to explore for shaping that persona; so much more than ever before. Each point of interest brings to my attention some new aspect of how to perceive my purpose here and some new direction to explore. Each new direction is as interesting as I could imagine and in some way brings me some kind of peace of mind.

AA for example. There is much about the structure of the AA dogma that feels false. But my going to the meetings, listening to the peoples stories and allowing myself to be part of a collective of people who share the desire for something better has more than intrigued me. I always walk away with a new perspective on my self just by having the experience. And I am allowing my feelings to guide my perceptions and letting my thinking play second fiddle.

I have begun to practice meditation daily. That probably has allowed me to be more open to everything else. It's all about feeling better, gaining a positive perspective and preparing to have a joyful life. Little by little, it's becoming apparent that this is possible.

I would like to be more specific but my head is all over the place and writing about each venture, each meeting I attend, each new age idea I explore and each realization I have is not something I can articulate fully because I don't have a full understanding of what it all is. I just know it feels good. Especially when I allow it to. It also is my journey and not another's. Not that anyone could not have one of their own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think you and I may be having similar experiences regarding meetings. Where it's easier to see the similarities than it is the differences?

Anonymous said...

Poof and the platitude is gone.

Wayward Son said...

JAA... I am hoping you did not remove your comment because you felt I was accusing you of spewing platitudes. Because I was not. That comment on your post was directed at myself and the accompanying platitude I had written. I take it for granted that not everyone knows my reputation for offering up platitudes ad nausrum.

I got all excited because I saw another comment on my post and when I looked I had one less! Damn! I want your comment back!