Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Friendship

As I was reading Wayward Son's previous post, I felt an incredible sense of community and fellowship. I never thought I would feel this way by joining a blog.

The main reason I joined the blogging world was because I wanted to get my feelings out. I have always loved to write, and always been told I was good. I have journaled my entire life. But as I got older, I couldn't find the time, or more honestly, didn't make the time to write. This was not only a great substitute to writing, but I could do it more frequently and while I was at work.

It was a shock and a surprise when I had my first comment, and after that, it was nice to have people reading and commenting. I found people who were going through similar things as I was.

Today and now, as I noted previously, reading Wayward Son's post and then looking at the list of members and writers to this community blog, I felt a sense of togetherness. I felt happy knowing that here were people that I have never met, but who were in it for the same reason as me. It is a diverse group of people, but one that I have come to grow quite fond of.

I love that I can read and learn and grow from someone going through what I am, and I have learned so much by reading an addict's point of view as well.

It feels good to know that we are helping each other - that we are listening without judging.

I just wanted to let you all know how your friendship has affected me. And thank you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being part of our little fellowship. You eloquently expressed the very same feelings that I have by reading, posting and commenting within this fellowship of writers and a few others who I hope will join.

But I am shocked, another blogger who blogs at work!! lol.

Seriously, welcome, and thank you for being here, and for sharing your experience through your own blog. You do write well, and you have a lot to share, it's been a pleasure to be able to get insight from the other side of the table.