Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What Do You Think?

I don't know about you guys but I figured a fresh look was appropriate. What do you think? If you absolutely hate it and would like it to go back to the way it was (I know us addicts are resistant to change) let me know and I will change things back.

The only other changes that I am looking to make is to add a peekaview option to our posts so that only a preview of the entire post will be visible on the homepage. It will make it easier to view all of the posts. Unfortunately... the directions that Blogger gives for adding the HTML code are not really easy to follow. I need to get someone with a little more HTML experience to help me out.

Ej had mentioned in his original passing the torch post that there haven't been very many posts to this site lately. I can say that I am guilty of this as well.

I think of this site as a place where both addicts and those who have addicts as loved ones can come together, share, and learn from one another. It's really a unique situation in that aspect.

I would love to see more regular posting from everyone (myself included). But hey, I just got my post done...where is yours?

7 comments:

msb said...

I like the colors. I think change is good. It keeps things from getting stagnant. And if there is a reason for me to be uncomfortable I'll look at it as an opportunity to work the steps. Thank you Erin for stepping up to the plate.

Recovery Discovery (R) said...

Erin,

Thanks for taking on the moderator role. I love this community. It so often helps me to see things from the other side of the street.

I like the new layout. My personal opinion, though, is to leave posts in their entirety on the page, rather than doing the peekaboo thing. I'm more likely to skip a peekaboo post than one that's laid out in full. Just my opinion, though, and I'm certainly willing to be outvoted.

Thanks again, for taking this on.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the peekaboo thing that R said. Just one more vote. But I really don't like having to click over to read the rest of a post for some reason.
I like the color, etc. It seems fresh at a time when we are about to go into winter.
Thanks for stepping in. I love this site and really appreciate you and it.
Peace,
Scout

Anonymous said...

oh i just saw the mail follow up comments thing --me likey that a lot!

erinsav said...

Ok..so far I am outvoted. The Nay's win it...for now.

I appreciate the input I've gotten so far. Also I wanted to say that it's great to see Scout's comments around again.

I'm hoping that you are doing much better.

Take Care

Mantramine said...

I love it. It all looks beautiful. I missed the peek a boo thing.

Awesome job

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I love the new look. Thanks!

Life's overwhelming these days and I can't carve out nearly the time I would like to to write -- but I do enjoy reading.