Tuesday, September 4, 2007

MPJ's Introduction

Ej actually added me as an author quite some time ago. I've been reading all of your posts, but I just haven't had a chance to post here myself yet. Some of you know me quite well already, but some of you may not know me at all. So, I figured that before I dove right in with a real post, I'd introduce myself.

Hi, I'm pseudonymously known MPJ (Mary P Jones). My real life name is just about as boring my pseudonym, so it fits. My husband (pseudonymously known as "Mark") and I are both adult children of alcoholics, and Mark is a sex addict. He came clean to me about his addiction a little over four years ago and started in therapy the next day and 12 step that week. Amazingly (Ok, ok, predictably! I'll save my smart-assedness for another time), after four years, neither of us is fixed yet. Mark goes to four meetings a week and therapy as much as our insurance and finances allow (which right now is none).

I'm a stay-at-home mom to two children: a boy (6 years old) and a girl (almost 4 years old). My son is autistic. I'm a 12 step drop out and a therapy failure. I got a lot out of 12 step initially, but never found a group that was a great fit for me, and never have in my life found a therapist that can handle me (or whom I can handle). Now I find that the limited time I have available is better spent in yoga, meditation and writing. I drop by 12 step meetings occasionally to check in, but I've found blogging is turning out to be like one big online meeting anyway.

Go figure. I'm out of time, and off to yoga. Hope to post more now that I've actually gotten around to introducing myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know that I love you.
Welcome, mpj!
Scout

msb said...

glad to see you here.

Recovery Discovery (R) said...

I'm glad you're here. I gotta admit that I was surprised to hear you call yourself a 12 step drop-out. Please don't take that the wrong way. It's not that it's not ok with me (like I have any say in the subject) but that you are my program role model, and it surprises me that you're not in the program. Well, selfishly, I'm glad that blogging is what works for you, b/c I always get value from your posting and from your validation of me. Again, I'm really glad you're here.