Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In The Future

A few people have chimed in about the removal of a post because of it's content. I appreciate anyone who weighed in on the subject.

At the advice of EJ I re-read the posting rules that are on the site and I agree that in the future there should be no censoring of content. Instead, there will be a strong warning placed at the beginning of the post.

I think that this will satiate everyone and I hope that there are no hard feelings. I also appreciate everyone's patience while I try to get acclimated to the moderator role.

Keep Writing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing what you think is best for the group is not wrong, Erin. Its called selfless service. Its called UNITY.
You did what you think was right.
Thank you!
Scout

~e~ said...

I didn't get a chance to read the offending post, and would have actually liked the option to decide for myself it it were offensive. I have to agree with Ej on this one. The way I see it, we are all adults and if we don't like what we're reading, we can simply...stop reading it. As you stated, it did not defy the 'rules'; so now we're having to walk on eggshells in fear of offending outside the posted regulations?

Having said that, you did what you thought best and we must respect that.

My Name Here said...

I agree with what Scout has said, sometimes you just have to do what is best for the group, and that is the right thing to do.