Friday, September 14, 2007

Doesnt it hurt

When you stick that needle in your arm, don't you feel the pain?
Is it worth it, to hurt your self only to look like a fool
What do you gain?
Spoons, syringes, razor blades, mirrors..
Things to you that are nothing but a tool

Why would someone want to intentionally cause himself pain
I know it hurts you, It has to
What could you possibly gain?
I could ask you until my face was blue
You are too numb to even answer

You are not the only one who's feels this pain
The lies you tell, the things you steal
You have nothing to gain!
The life you live, it isn't real

Doesn't it hurt...

Can you keep on living causing pain?
Every where you go it follows
What do you have to gain?
Is your heart really that hollow

Your life is dark and decrepit filled with nothing but pain
You walk down a road to nowhere
What could you possibly have to gain?
Your face is nothing but a blank stare

You are not the only one who feels this pain
If you continue on this path, there will be nothing left
You have nothing to gain!
Soon your family will put you to rest

Doesn't it hurt....

6 comments:

Mantramine said...

Nice work...

I can only imagine that it does hurt. I don't understand it, but I can imagine it

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain in this piece.
As for does it hurt?
No, it doesn't for me. It's all sweetness and darkness together. The pain has been in letting it go before it takes my life.

Peace,
Scout
Good to hear from you here.

Wayward Son said...

It hurts like bad medicine for a bad pain. It brings sweet relief that will ultimately rot one's soul. Like Scout, for me the thing that hurts far more, at least initially, is letting go of it.

My Name Here said...

Ditto Scout. That pain is far worse. It never seems to go away either.

Mantramine said...

wow. I am moved. It hurts more letting it go? I didn't really think it would be that much of a pull to one side

Anonymous said...

Awww, You sure showed this addict how much it hurts you. I can answer this one, but you wont like the answer. I used to take away the pain, nothing mattered except to not feel that black hole where my spirit once was, that pain is the horrible pain I sought to hide from with my spoon and my rig and my dope.